Dreaming is a inborn quality that helps people choose their life's path and find the resources they need to find their calling. One such story of inspiratiom and dream TO BECOME A DOCTOR!


INSPIRATION

“Hey, guys and gals... I have decided to become a doctor when I grow up”, a small eight-year-old boy was telling his friends in excitement. He had just visited a dentist of the biggest hospital in the city with his father. His eyes were looking bright and big. there was no sign of pain, even though he had a tooth extraction a few hours back. 


What made you think so? One of his friends asked. 


Babu, the child, smiled and said, “you know I noticed a wonderful thing today when I was waiting for my dental doctor”. 


What’s that? asked his friend eagerly. 


“As you know my father is the chief pharmacist of the hospital and I was the 1st one to meet him. There were more than 20 people in the waiting area. I was crying and was insisting my father go home. I was afraid that the dentist would give me more pain. Suddenly I saw everyone standing up and started greeting a person approaching the room” said Babu with the expression of remembering something.


‘Was the man looking like a demon’? Someone commented from the back. 


“No... no....” shouted Babu.


“I saw a person wearing a white long coat approaching the room we were waiting for”. He had a smiling face and a loving gesture. He put his hand over my head and took me into the dental chamber. He promised me there will be no pain while he will examine my tooth. My god …. I didn’t have pain after he put a liquid on my painful tooth”. Said Babu with lots of faith in his eyes towards his doctor. 


‘Oh dear, that was his daily job. What impressed you so much that you want to become a doctor like him?’ Interrupted one of the girls standing beside Babu.


Babu replied promptly, “it’s the power and respect which he is getting from others. When he entered everyone stood up, greeted him good morning. The way he walked into the room was simply amazing and all were looking towards him with great love and expectations. When he touched me, my pain was simply halved. God must be giving magical power to all doctors!  I want that power”.


Then he looked around and declared “one day I will also move with a white coat in a bigger hospital like ours and will become an instrument for reducing the pain and suffering of fellow human beings. Henceforth Nothing can stop me from becoming a doctor”. 


He could see most of his friends were looking at him with disbelief and many of them even didn’t understand the vow he took at that moment. 


For Babu, the vision was clear and was getting ready to prepare the road map for the journey ahead. He was inspired and was on a path where he could inspire many in times to come.


Dr Biswajit Mohapatra.
SENIOR SURGEON & DEAN ACADEMICS 
J P Hospital. Rourkela
[ SURGEON, HEALTHFLUENCER, AUTHOR, MOTIVATOR.]

9437042490 

Comments

  1. When I was in class 5, one day mother was crying in night as she had severe leg pains, and we didn't have any pain killer at home. There was no medical store nearby too. So I massaged her legs and her pain was relieved. She slept so blissfully. In the morning she said you have magic healing in your hands. You healed me just by touching. She probably joked to me, but it struck a chord, and healing people became my passion, and later my profession..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know that your thoughts and actions have an impact on your health?

Is disease reversal a fact or a myth.... Gsher's point of view!

Necessity of including wellness programmes into Modern Medicine.... an overview@ IMWR